return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views

pool banner - $50 year

RE: Happy New Year....2010!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Tue Jan 5 20:42:45 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

Hi Ellen...good to hear from you! Yes, retirement is great and I'm loving it. It was a spur of the moment thing because I had planned on staying another year, however some of my coworkers were retiring with a lot less seniority than me so I just decided that I'd do it too. I haven't regretted it at all, especially with this weather that we've been having this past month. Glad I don't have to drive in this.

That's too bad about your husband getting laid off....it's happening all over the country. My next door neighbor got laid off in July and still isn't working and like you, his wife is working. They have 2 little tots. He worked for Meredith publishing company. It hard to believe that they would be laying off. It's good that you are in nursing. The world always needs nurses. These past few years have been terrible for so many people. I've never seen anything like it. I don't think that it's as bad in Iowa as it is in most of the rest of the nation though.

Your cats are about the same age as mine. Simba got his dental work done last summer and the others haven't had any dental work done yet. The vet always checks their teeth at their checkups and is amazed that their teeth are so good, especially since they do not eat hardly any dry food. They eat canned and cooked chicken, steak and fish.

You haven't had as much snow as we've had. Right before Christmas, we had 16" in one day then turned around a couple of days later and had about 16" more. And the temperature has dropped way below zero and caused so many problems with cars starting, etc. We've had the below zero for a couple of weeks now. According to the weather forecast, we're in for another round of it tomorrow. We usually don't get hit so hard and have it last so long as it is this season.

My ancestors were from Indiana...Switzerland County. They settled there in 1804 and since they immigrated from Switzerland, they named their colony "New Switzerland in the Territory of Indiana". I've been there many times.

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Happy New Year....2010!! - teganslaw, Tue Jan 5 08:40:08 2010