return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hey guys

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Sat Apr 5 17:59:10 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

>>Now I know there are a lot of you out there that have rescued kitties........come on an tell us about it.......
>>
>>This one is pretty common, We aquired Shorty when she was dumped from a car in front of the house.......just a little ball of fluff to small to be away from hur mamma yet, but she was a little tiger. It took three days to catch her and then it was just luck. I guess she was just so tired she fell asleep on the porch and the big guy was able to sneak up and grab hur before she woke up....once we had her inside and she realized nothing was going to hurt her she never showed any desire to go out again....an open sunny window will do just fine....
>>-----
>>Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Shorty

Sounds like you are one lucky little kitty cat, Shorty. And pretty smart too to just want to stay safely inside in the sunny window instead of going outside.

The only kitty that I've rescued is Misty Blue Girl. She was dumped in the Post Office parking lot and I guess that I'm the 'cat lady' because my coworkers flagged my car down and wanted me to take her home with me. Yeah, right. I already had four cats at home and couldn't risk taking a stray into my home of healthy cats, so I took her to the vet and left her overnight to be checked. That little kitty cost me about $200 when I picked her up the next day with a clean bill of health except ear mites and coccidia, both of which I got medication for. She was also given her first series of vaccinations. I had to keep her isolated from my other cats until the coccidia was over (two weeks) then she blended in with my cat family until I could find a loving home for her.

She's now living very happily with my daughter's best friend and is getting all the love and attention that any kitty could ever want.

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

Most beds sleep up to six cats. Ten without the owner!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Hey guys - karlacue, Mon Apr 7 09:20:39 2003

<< Previous Message:  Hey guys - Shortstff467, Sat Apr 5 00:24:34 2003