return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: My dinnertime visitor

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHFerals at Wed Jun 25 19:32:10 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHFerals ]  

Yes they do get over the fear at least a lot of them do and this little girl soundls like she has made a lot of progress in a short period of time
It takes a lot of patience and love but I had one that was about 2 years old when I first met him. And he would do the same thing hide till he thought I was far enough away from his dish before he came to eat
It took awhile and a lot of patience and I would sing to him though I cannot sing LOL I think he felt sorry for me being off key and thought I was dying LOL
Anyway to make a long story short I managed to trap him in a humane trap and get him neutered then I spent a long time convincing him to be a house cat LOL
He just went to The Bridge this year at 20 but he was the love of my life and such a sweetie once he overcame his fear of me though he never did like other humans LOL '
But what a cuddler he turned out to be
I wish you luck with this little girl and if you need any help along the way you can E Mail me or visit our Feral Cat chat on Wednesdays at 8 on Cat Cebtral or the Rescue chat on Saturdays at 9 EST
Good luck and hang in there she will come around

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: My dinnertime visitor - kmaire, Wed Jun 25 21:05:12 2003

<< Previous Message:  My dinnertime visitor - kmaire, Tue Jun 24 22:01:27 2003