return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

All advice appreciated (kinda long...)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: meow2me at Sun Jul 13 15:36:30 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by meow2me ]  

Well, folks, some of you may remember the story of my cat Gracie, who was a feral cat injured by our car at work. We took her to the emergency vet, who amputated her leg, but we brought her home and she is now a loving adorable member of our family. A week later we found her brothers and mother. The brothers were adopted, the mother (and older sister, we think) went to live on a farm.

NOW we have a new situation. We have been feeding the remaining cats under a trailer at work. One we trapped, neutered and released. The others are new. Suddenly, the maintenance people at work started to blame the cats for the air conditioner not working and they called the local animal shelter. We are in an emergency trapping mode -- trying to get them before our animal shelter does (and euthanizes them). We have 2 kittens right now. The mother and a 3rd kitten are still out there. The father was caught 2 days ago. He is being boarded at the vet and scheduled to be neutered on Tuesday. I think we will have to release him somewhere....

My question relates to the kittens. One of them is OK - she can be petted even though she is scared. Her sister is another story, however. She hisses and spits. So any advice on whether she can be tamed is appreciated. Has anyone ever used Rescue Remedy? Is it helpful? Are there other things we can do besides trying to pet them every day? I was bitten today by little miss hostility (the Puss of Puss & Boots). I would like to get them adopted because I can't keep them, but if Puss is not adoptable I will have to find somewhere to release her. It is a difficult problem.

Thanks for any advice...

-----
ellen

gracie & voodoo

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: All advice appreciated (kinda long...) - ThreeCalicos, Sun Jul 13 15:56:16 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: All advice appreciated (kinda long...) - MunchieScrunchie, Sun Jul 13 18:14:47 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: All advice appreciated (kinda long...) - meow2me, Mon Jul 14 22:48:13 2003