return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Shetler closing in Mason County WV

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JaimeMarie at Fri Aug 6 16:49:12 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JaimeMarie ]  

I thought I would cross this post over from the dog forum. If any one can help that would be great. I just emailed half of the shelters in Maine to see if they could take any. A list of the pets are located here:http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=WV39&preview=1

They have tons of kittens and puppies along with adults of both.

cross-posting in case someone here can help. Can you take even one???

URGENT. List of animals to die at bottom; please read and share with EVERYONE YOU KNOW.THIS IS URGENT!

TRANSPORT CAN BE ARRANGED....they'll do anything to get out of there.

Subject: MORE INFO- EXTREME EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!
Mason County, WV shelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: EXTREME EMERGENCY!!!!!!!! Mason County, WV shelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, I was so saddened to get the horrible email about Mason county shelter. Many people have worked long and hard to save these animals.
This commissioner has had it in for this shelter for a very long time and yes I think it's a personal thing.
Please don't let these animals die.

Write to the following people.....

The mayor of Point Pleasant Jim Wilson at mayor@ptpleasantwv.org or call his office at: 304- 675-5989.
The county commissioners are Bob Baird, Phyllis Arther, and Rick Handley.
The web site to find all the city council under the government section is:
http://www.pointpleasantwv.org/Government/City/pt_pleasant_hello.htm

Please tell them it's a horrible thing they are doing when so many animals lives have been saved by the very people that work in that shelter, rescues, and other shelters and are willing to still help. Other rescues have helped provide food for this shelter and people have come forward to pay vet bills for animals because the shelter was already too poor. Ask them how they can advertise such a beautiful town and how wonderful the people are when they can turn their backs and ignore these wonderful creatures that give people so much love and have provided so many families happiness when they adopted their Mason county animal. Ask them to think about how they are going to sleep at night when they know a dog or cat is being thrown in a gas chamber to die a slow horrible death. Ask them to go watch one and see if they still feel good about this decision.

Please I beg you to send an email or make a phone call. I myself have worked long and hard to make a difference for this shelter and I can't just sit back and let this happen.
Thank you for any help you can give.
~Sally~

All cats in the Mason County, WV shelter have been doomed to the gas chamber!!
Earlier, Judy Oliver and the County Commissioners had a heated meeting and she quit. Judy is falling apart because they told her to return to the shelter and begin gassing!!! PLEASE PASS ON TO ANYONE DOING CAT RESCUE THAT THESE CATS ARE IN DIRE NEED OF A RESCUE!!!!

Contact Missy Holestin at X5Dogs@aol.com for more information or call the shelter at 304-675-6458. Please help this shelter to save these lives. They are doomed otherwise. There are 23 cats listed for this shelter. Many beautiful adults and kittens needing assistance NOW!!!! These animals will die if they are not pulled Today or Tomorrow!!!!!

If you can help us in any way, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. Call the shelter or email x5dogs@aol.com ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single week brings a new influx of animals into the Mason County Animal Shelter in Point Pleasant, WV - sometimes as many as 35. With the shelter already packed beyond capacity, there's nowhere to put these animals –except the gas chamber. The newcomers aren't in immediate danger, but their arrival puts the longer term residents one step closer to death.
This week is no exception. Some of the new arrivals include:
“EDITED OUT TO SAVE POSTING SPACE”
And those are just the dogs. I can't even begin to list all of the cats. And there are many, many, MANY more - with at least twenty new arrivals each week, sometimes more!
Anyone who might be interested in rescuing any of these pets, please check out the Petfinder page
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/WV39.html
Many of these animals have been sponsored, which means that their basic vetting has been covered by donation, and the pull fee will be
negotiable, if anything.

If you can help, email Missy at x5dogs@aol.com with a copy to MasonCounty@mailpuppy.com
For most efficient response, please include your name, address, phone number and email address along with the name of your rescue, any web site URL AND the name, address and phone number of the vet you use to alter and treat animals in your rescue.

The Mason County Animal Shelter is located at Route #1 , Box 480 ,
Point Pleasant, WV 25550 Phone: (304) 675-6458. Please note new email address:
MasonCounty@mailpuppy.com

PLEASE cross post!
-----
Jaime owned by
Mya the dog
and the cats:Crash, Moxie, Gabby and sometimes Tucker

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]