return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Trap Neuter Return/Feral Cat Colony

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: misspardalis at Sun Dec 31 21:31:52 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by misspardalis ]  

I have a family of feral cats across the street and have been looking for similar information to get them neutered. Last week I found out my uncle has a live trap in his garage so I borrowed it from him. I'm also trying to organize a trap neuter release plan, but we need to hurry, breeding season is just around the corner. This is what I've got so far... I've obtained a cat trap (as I mentioned a second ago), and I have been feeding them in a certain spot every night so they are picking up a routine to check there for food. That way I can put the trap there and they will already be used to going there to eat. I called the humane societies in this area and asked them if they have a trap neuter release programs. You should try that. Call all of them. I expected them to say no, but at least they gave me some leads. You might want to ask them if they have an in house veterinarian or where they take their cats to get neutered. Hopefully they can give you information on a cheap or free doctor. Explain to the person what you are trying to do. I've found that if they know you are dealing with feral cats you can neuter them cheaper that a house cat. I live in indiana and came upon a traveling neuter center called Neuter Scooter. They come once a month to my area to neuter cats. See if you can find something similar in your area. If you want to email me I can try to help you look. Caloocalay@yahoo.com
Good luck!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Trap Neuter Return/Feral Cat Colony - cjgoatfarm, Wed Dec 29 21:58:03 2004