return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

UTI in male cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: starrbabe24 at Mon Mar 6 15:45:46 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by starrbabe24 ]  

my 2 year old cat has been having problems for the past week. he started peeing outside the litter box since i got a new couch...so i thought it was just behavioral. then i started seeing him licking his genitals frequenly. last weekend i noticed him crying and meowing loudly, the deep loud moan, and saw whitish stuff come out of the little red penis. he is neutered so i ruled out that possibility. i called the vet asap and brought him in the next day. the vet said the white stuff may have been a blockage and it passed so he just gave him antibiotic injections and a take home antibiotic and wet food. my cat started to seem to get better and even started peeing in the box again. but this weekend i noticed him peeing all over the house again. he seems to be squatting but either nothing comes out or a little bit. it never seems like a normal amount of urine. i even notice the urine to be a reddish tint. so i took him to the vet this morning and we took a urinalysis and the vet says that nothing really showed from that. he also took an xray and it shows that my cat may have stones. the xray showed some area of abnormality (wasnt distinctive white, but more radiolucent) and upon palpating of the cat's bladder, the bladder seems a little harder than normal. he wants to do an ultrasound to make sure if the cat has stones, and if so he will need surgery. the ultrasound will cost $350 and the surgery will cost $800. my question is what can i do to pay for this? is there any programs to help me financially? will there be a chance for him to get a UTI again? i am a struggling college student with financial limitations is there anything i can do that won't cost me so much money?

thanks for any suggestions...starr

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: UTI in male cat - PHDrTobin, Tue Mar 7 11:02:35 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: UTI in male cat - carmeny, Tue Mar 7 18:22:21 2006