return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: FeLV - need answers

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Dandilion at Mon Jun 5 21:58:05 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Dandilion ]  

PHKitkat,

I appreciate you responding with your opinions, but I still hold true to mine. I know there must be some caring Vets out there. I just unfortunatly have not had the pleasure to come across one. Here are a few examples:
I took my two kitty's to be vaccinated & neutered, and they were infected with Distemper (AKA Parvo) from unsanitary cleaning methods. They both died 2 weeks later, and to boot, they never gave them their vaccinations that day. The Vet there admitted to having 2 cats on premises while my cats were there. And neither one of those cats made it. But this Vet still denied that my cats picked this up at their establishment. Sympathy -they had none.
My next experience was when I took my next kitten to be neutered at a different place. Well, let's just say that when he came home... he still had his testicles. Only they were dried & stuck to the inside of his pet carrier! When I asked what the ??? to the Vet Tech, I was told that during surgery, the Vets just toss them over their shoulder to wherever they may fall.(I swear)
And now, with my cat Butler. I had X-ray's done, and supposedly a CBC. For $109.00, it better have been a complete blood test too, but I am now having my doubts. The Vet called with results of this blood test, & he just said; "your cat has FeLV". But when I asked him what stage the virus had gotten to? or how severe he had it? he said; he didn't know! He told me that the blood test only stated "yes" or "no" to if he had FIV/Felv or not.??? A blood test SHOULD show his white blood count, kidney & liver status, the whole shabang! And anything not the norm, is an inclination of what has been affected, and should therefore tell us just how bad off he is at this point. But this "wonderful" Vet. has no news for me. Not even an educated guess to where my lil guy stands. He DID say that his WBC was normal, so I "think" he might've ran the whole test.... but I have my doubts. I think I'm going to go down there and see for myself just what kind of test he took. Because that Vet trip was really worthless. I mean, isn't part of the visit "client education"? He didn't give ANY advice to what I should be doing to keep him alive. So you see, I have had the proper tests done. I GUESS I'm still just a little confused to what the RESULTS were! Because of that #!%! Vet!
Now that you see that I have "just" reasons for my feelings of Vets, maybe in the future you shouldn't be so quick to defend them. YOU might not have had any bad experiences with them, but there are those out there that have. In fact, there is even a Legal "Forum" where the hotest topic is "Bad experiences and/or misdiagnosed at Vet clinics". So, I know I'm not alone here. And what is really sad is, that the most caring Vets that I have ever had the chance of witnessing in action, are those on "Emergency Vets" -on TV. Those kind of Vets I could really use in my town! Especially at a time like this!

Dandilion ^..^

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: FeLV - need answers - PHKitkat, Mon Jun 5 00:10:58 2006