return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Plasma Cell Stomatitis

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sugarbear911 at Sat Jan 27 19:37:40 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sugarbear911 ]  

This is Keiko's medical history:
2/7/3: Spayed, rabies shot
4/2003: Eclipse 4 & Leukemia vaccines (I administered)
1/3/4: Trip to vet: Apparent URI If I remember correctly the vet commented on her gums at that time and she was tested for Leukemia/Aids with negative results. Vet gave DepoMedrol & Cephalexin. 1/10/4: Re-check with vet and another shot of DepoMedrol.
9/16/5: I can't remember but probably another URI, she has had no other problems. She rec'd DepoMedrol & Orbax.
I have provided the other vet trips in original message. I do not believe in adminstering vaccines beyond the initial round given to kittens so she has had no further vaccinations. But you know after looking at her history, perhaps she was born with it but it took a while for it to progress to the intensity that it has now. Maybe? I can say that I had a kitten that came from the same breeder about 8 months later and he died of Leukemia (confirmed) in 2005. What is CoQ10 and where would I get it? And bonemeal? I did some further checking after writing to you and I know that there is a gardening version and human variation and I imagine you mean the human version. Would I find it at a health store like GNC? Would the ground meat be like ground beef? One of the leaner mixes? Right now she is eating Fancy Feast because it seems to be easier for her to handle. I was originally feeding her 9-Lives ground tuna which she really seemed to enjoy until she had a recurrence of the inflammation. She did not seem as interested in it, even after the inflammation went down. I think she associated the food with her pain. I know that you do not think dry food is good for cats but I was looking at getting a cat food at PetCo (Natural Balance: Highly digestible diet with no grains, dairy, soy, or eggs.) in a neighboring city that is comprised of a single meat source and single carb source because I thought her problem might have been allergy based. Like you said there are so many theories on what can cause this I was to address all issues in an effort to have her live a happier, healthier life. Thanks for you prompt response and suggestions for diet and supplements. How much would you feed her at one meal and how many meals a day? Right now I feed her in the morning and at night. There a many other cats in our home and there is other dry food available but I do not think that she eats much of it. As soon as I know what sort of meat and can obtain the CoQ10 and bonemeal I will begin feeding her a you suggested. Thanks again.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Plasma Cell Stomatitis - PHDrTobin, Sun Jan 28 12:54:34 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Plasma Cell Stomatitis - PHDrTobin, Sat Jan 27 11:57:34 2007