return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Hemangio Sarcoma

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Retta at Wed Apr 11 00:55:45 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Retta ]  

This was mentioned back in a 2004 thread.
I just had my two year old cat diagnosed with this. She had been limping (barely) for weeks and I attributed it to her climbing the rebar ladder in the light tunnels (my home is underground and I have light tunnels on the sides that go up above ground with skylights), possibly a misstep and taking a fall. I kept looking and looking at her leg to see if there was any swelling. Then just last week I was looking at her from a distance, she was sitting on the table, and I saw this massive swelling to the left shoulder area. My heart sank. Without being told, I just knew in my heart she had cancer. Don't know anything about cancers in animals, but I just knew. Got the diagnosis tonight, and I am proceeding with amputation. She is the toughest of all my indoor cats, so I want to believe she can come through this. I don't doubt for a minute she'll do okay without that leg over time, but time is what I'm concerned about. I too have not been able to find much about this cancer in Cats, so far, and what I do find fills me with dread. Her cancer is low to intermediate grade, which could be favorable, but it is in the muscle. The lab report says it is still within the margin, which without explaining, can also be favorable. What I want to know, among a million other things, is will the vet be able to determine (once they start in), whether the cancer has progressed further than the intended amputation and excising site? I know the odds may not be great for my Terra, but I have to give her this one chance. But if it's progressed, I of course don't want them to do anything but close her back up and let me bring her home to enjoy what time left she does have. I am still so blown away by this...the ache is almost unbearable. Whatever glimmer of hope you have to offer, I need.
Since the first of December I have lost 13 birds (in one night), and on Super Bowl Sunday my Icelandic died from complications with colic. I can't lose my little girl...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Hemangio Sarcoma - PHDrTobin, Wed Apr 11 09:18:43 2007