return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Help needed to put weight on elderly cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: quill at Wed Nov 17 19:03:03 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by quill ]  

Hi, I have an elderly cat who was on a commercial diet and losing weight. I switched him to lean raw beef and yogurt and he put weight on, then got diarrhea despite the digestive enzymes, etc. I switched to a raw chicken diet(whole ground up chicken patties) and that was fine for awhile but then it caused intestinal bleeding(the bits of bone were scraping the intestines). I switched him to boiled chicken and yogurt and that was fine too for awhile and then he started losing weight, and his stools because loose and looked almost like the food I was feeding him,also very smelly. He has lost alot of weight. So right now, the commercial diet, raw beef, and chicken diets have caused problems. What is there left I could feed him? Are there supplements that would help? Thank you for any help with this.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Help needed to put weight on elderly - PHDrTobin, Thu Nov 18 08:43:55 2010