return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Sick cat hissing at other cat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kellyk at Wed Feb 8 14:00:49 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kellyk ]  

I have an 18 year old black short hair cat who is in end stage renal failure. At the end of Dec 2011 the vet told me that he probably only has a few months left to live. He is still doing OK, although he is losing weight, his appetite is significantly decreased and he is sleeping more. I hold him constantly and give him pretty much whatever he wants and help him out around the house (pick him up and put him on the bed, etc...). Yesterday I took my 16 year old brown tabby to the vet to get a dental check and when I brought her home my sick boy started hissing at her. She is completely deaf, so she doesn't always "heed the warning" since she can't hear him. I figured it was the smell of the vet on her so I put a little rubbing alcohol in my hands and rubbed it on both of them to even up the playing field. Today though, he is hissing at her if she looks at him or comes anywhere near him, which is really unusual for him (he is normally the gentlest and easy going kind of cat). So any idea why my sick boy is all of a sudden hating the other cat and being so aggressive? This is not their typical behavior together.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Sick cat hissing at other cat - kellyk, Wed Feb 8 14:09:42 2012