return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Mar 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Mar 23, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Mar 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

I don't understand the question... (Long)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: metalshrek at Mon Oct 20 00:01:35 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by metalshrek ]  

were you expecting any of these awesome younguns to say they don't?

The really young herpers are what keep our awesome lifestyle afloat. I do however want you young guys to know that you are welcome to post questions in the other forums. You should not have to stick to the "herps and kids forum" because of your age. You guys are certainly more intelligent than some of the folks that post on the "adult" forums (I guess this is where I should say don't trust ALL the advice you get on these forums). This is also not the only domain out there with good herp forums. Look at the bottom of sepultura4ever's post for a good one. By the way, just to add my two cents: There is a guy who claims he is going to try and turn every new herper into a hybrid lover. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM!!! You know as well as I do that these herps are already awesome in their natural state! It would be downright wrong to try and improve on them by purposely breeding different species together. Trust me, 99% of the respectable herpetoculturists are anti-hybrid, and you will become much more respectable by keeping pure bloodlines than by trying to cross a corn snake with a Gray-banded kingsnake. I am dedicated to convince you that hybrids are useless and serve no scientific purpose, but when you are all familiar with the natural species I probably will not have to convince you. Keep herping dudes! If the hobby gets frustrating, don't give up. I made that mistake when I was very young and it really put me at a disadvantage. Luckily I had already formed an intense addiction. You can ask sepultura4ever or snakeguy. At the next expo they'll probably have to hide my credit cards from me (I guess this is where I should say don't buy herps without balancing your checkbook).

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Who likes snakes ? - sepultura4ever, Wed Oct 15 15:31:54 2003