return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Philippine sailfin dragon keepers?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Water Dragons & Basilisks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Snakedude1814 at Sun Dec 24 14:08:19 2023  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Snakedude1814 ]  

Hello all.
I know the forums have been inactive forever, however I'd like to think there are still a few serious keepers referencing old posts on here (who are hopefully seeing this message!)

I am currently working on building up a group of Philippine sailfin dragons (Hydrosaurus pustulatus) and am looking to network and connect with other keepers who are working with the species with the intent to breed, or those who may simply have pets that contain genetic value.

Unfortunately, this specific species of sailfin is not imported unlike the other four species of the genus. So the gene pool is forever shrinking as it seems few people produce them on a frequent basis, and fewer keep track of lineage to avoid future (and likely soon to be...) detrimental effects of inbreeding.

I have spent the past five years talking to people who have records of their stock.
I have a well documented ID system of Scott Corning and John Steele's breeding stock (regarding founding animals and prodigy).
However, there are other lineages that are lacking in my books that I would like to know more of (Stock from breeders such as Ty Park, Switzer, BION, GX3, Anthony Sainz, and potential zoo overstock animals that have made their way into the private sector).

If anyone has knowledge on the genetics of their animals, who produced them (even the individual characteristics of the parents/parent animal whereabouts) I would greatly appreciate it.

If there are breeders possessing animals of non Steele or Corning lineage.
I would be very interested in collaborating with you on future projects to ensure planned out crossings can occur so thus species can stick around in the industry as others have.

Feel free to reply to this thread, PM me on Kingsnake, or you can email me at hydrosaurinae@gmail.com

Any help and information is appreciated.
Thanks!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]