return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hello Everyone.. Meet some Rescues!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: zoodude at Sun Nov 23 20:51:15 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by zoodude ]  

I am terribly sorry to have come across as rude. Late night posts sometimes lack tact.

I did not intend to discourage you in any way. I support your efforts entirely. Taking in and finding new homes for unwanted pets is a thankless effort which I have done myself numerous times. You obviously have a passion for your hobby. I didn't mean to degrade your efforts or your passion.

I am impressed with your animal shelter(s) recognitions. That is an important part of being an honest to goodness rescue organization.

Any animosity expressed in my previous post was misdirected; my negative feelings are not for you, but for the people who do not educate themselves enough before they bring a pet into their home.

Education is the key! That is why I encouraged you to be active. Arrange demonstrations at schools and other venues where you can inform people about the nature and care of reptiles.

Encourage people to buy and read books about animals before they buy the animal. If people can't afford $12 to buy a book about their potential pet, then they can't afford the pet.

Stress to people the longevity that reptiles have with record ages. You might be surprised to find how many folks are taken-aback by the fact that Ball pythons can live over 45 years. That's a hell of a committment. How about some tortoises living over 100? That is a multi-generational pet, and people buying those animals need to be thinking about where it is going when they die.

But you know this already.

I wish you luck, and deep pockets,
-----
Zoodude

1.1 Acrantophis dumerli
0.1 Python molurus bivittatus
0.0.1 Morelia veridis
1.1 Elaphe (panthertophis?) obsoleta lindheimeri
0.2 Bogertophis subocularis
1.0 Pogona henrylawsoni
0.1 Geochelone carbonaria
3.2.1 Phelsuma laticaudal laticauda
1.5.1 Eublepharus macularius
0.0.1 Lampropeltis gutulus hobrooki
2.1.12 Elaphe guttata guttata

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  I think what your doing is great....(long) - kalidraven, Tue Nov 25 08:03:07 2003

<< Previous Message:  RE: Hello Everyone.. Meet some Rescues!! - PNWReptileRescue, Wed Nov 19 23:03:12 2003