return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

I just went and looked at the other snows that were...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rosy Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ric Blair at Fri Sep 30 01:25:39 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ric Blair ]  

posted on the classifieds. They have a very definite pattern and they look orange to me in the picture. These should even be darker patterned and more orange as the Limburg strain is definitely deeper oramge. I have lots of both phases here and I love them both. The pictures I am taking are right up close, and with great lighting. When you hold these in your hands and look at them in normal lighting with your naked eye, they have an opalescent or a pearl look, and that was right after they were born. They looked translucent as if you could see into them. The next day they changed as the skin was drier and not quite so clear. That is why I want to wait for them to shed. If I take a picture of your face close up with extreme lighting, your complexion will look pretty bad even though you look pretty sweet to me under normal circunstances, LOL. You will see every pour and pimple with my lighting, that you do not see with your naked eye under normal circunstances. When you hold one of these in your hand and see them with your normal vision they are incredible. If they are faded albino's then they are amazing. The orange looks more like a pinkish hue with the naked eye. I compared the anery's I got from Gary Keasller this year with one of the dark ones that were born here and they did not look the same, but there is something different looking about this animal also. Something different is going on with this snake. I have a normal looking one that was born from an albino to a het and it looks totally differnet from this animal. I will take a picture tomorrow with all 3 dark ones in it, the limburg anery, the new one and the one normal looking one. You will see what I am talking about. Remember that the female was born over ten years ago and it could be a different anery look that was in the mix. Look at all the different phases you get in hypo hondurans. Even the snows all have different looks, some are more pink, some more yellow. The anery from the other phase out there doe's not look like the Limburg strain anery I believe. Am I right on that account? Maybe they are faded albino's. There are at least 3 different color phases of San Felipe ghosts also. Wish you were here so I could show the snakes to you up close and personal buddy. Anyway if they are not snows I sure like them anyway. I will have to call them pearls, LOL. Talk at you later...Ric

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Pink Rosy Boa - Rick Millspaugh, Sat Oct 1 01:28:27 2005
<< Previous topic:  birth sequence #4... - ricksiri, Sun Sep 25 15:04:42 2005