return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The Baby Russian Saga continued............

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Russian & Greek Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: EJ at Sat Oct 1 12:05:53 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by EJ ]  

That's not hard to believe at all. You know some local breeders who have the capability. Now consider that there are many breeders who have collections on that scale and consider there are many more who do not network. Consider those large scale breeder who have 'keyed' onto the breeding of these animals...

I'm not saying what you propose is not true. I'm saying I think it is unlikely for may reasons.

The other point is that you can't help but remember when baby Sulcatas were in the hundreds and the founding stock for those was way smaller than the Russians.

It is interesting.

>>Well, I guess that's where we differ because I don't see how there were that many Russian breeders who cranked out hundreds upon hundreds of babies and all of these babies fell into the hands of a few wholesalers. These were in record numbers like a sulcata epidemic. That one doesn't make any sense either. The only thing that MIGHT make sense is that if there was a person out there who nobody knows that has a HUGE colony of Russians that are all now cranking out babies by the hundreds, but even that is hard to believe.......Now, I'm driven enought to research this even more.........
>>
>>B
-----
Ed @ Tortoise Keepers
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: The Baby Russian Saga continued............ - DaviDC., Sat Oct 1 12:17:12 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: The Baby Russian Saga continued............ - emysbreeder, Tue Oct 4 12:55:00 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: The Baby Russian Saga continued............ - BarryL, Sat Oct 1 10:47:40 2005