return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: What is the going rate for fattails? Regs, strips, peach, and amels?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Fat-tailed Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 7serpents at Sat Oct 22 12:08:45 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 7serpents ]  

Actually the price of FT Geckos is going down due to large numbers produced/available. Amels can be purchased for $100 to $500 depending on color intensity and who you buy from. Hets are $50 to $ 100. Normals CB/WC run $30 -$60, Stripes $50 - $60, Peach (hard to find due to use in Amel Breeding programs), Orange/Tangerine pretty much just available in Amel Het form @ $100.

Many breeders are selling out FT stock due to drop in price/numbers available which = Profitability. In fact many Reptile Breeding Companies no longer breed or sell FT Gecko morphs of any kind due to high availability which = low cost/sinking prices. I know personally D & J Reptiles no longer breeds of sells FTs, this I was told by Danny himself.

I myself went to Chicagos" NARBC show and purchase several Amel Fat tails for $140 to $175. And that was Peach & Tangerine amels, Hets are still $50 to $75 ea. With many Higher priced Amels not selling for cash but trades the prices will go down still. The cost of feeding and keeping offspring that don't sell is the force that causes breeders to wholesale out also. I suggest you go to a few shows, check faunaclassifieds.com, .com, and local Swaps for the best prices. Even the best bloodlines are bought by local breeders who don't have the overhead, room to raise & feed offspring for long run, and will sell at a resonable price! Buy at the price you are comfortable with for which morph decided upon.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: What is the going rate for fattails? Regs, strips, peach, and amels? - PoohBear03031, Sat Oct 22 13:31:07 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: What is the going rate for fattails? Regs, strips, peach, and amels? - WanderingLost, Sat Oct 22 14:01:26 2005
>> Next Message:  Thanks n/p - PoohBear03031, Sun Oct 23 05:51:15 2005

<< Previous Message:  What is the going rate for fattails? Regs, strips, peach, and amels? - Poohbear03031, Sat Oct 8 20:49:07 2005