return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Leopard Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Pictures of my snakes belly, plus a new baby.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: scatha at Mon Feb 27 03:46:36 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by scatha ]  

As promised, I am posting some pictures of my snakes underside. I've taken her to the vet since then because she was making some wheezing noises, and he said it didn't concern him. Here are the pictures anyway. Sorry about the low res, all I've got is a 2 megapixel camera that's at least five years old.

My girlfriend is convinced that she's a Corn Island boa, and other pictures I've seen of them depicted some pink bellies. The vet said he wasn't concerned about burns because the entire scales weren't pink, just the middle of them, and he couldn't find any other signs of septicemia.

Also, I bought a new boa last night. The pet store sold her to me as a red tail, but I've seen boas with much redder tails in that very tank, she does remind me of a picture of a Suriname red tail I found. Tell me what you think.

She hasn't even gone into her hiding spot yet, she spends all of her time between the water dish and the tank. Though in the pet store she shared a tank that size with three other boas and no hiding spot, so I'm not sure she understands the concept yet. Oh well, she'll figure it out.

Thanks for reading.

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Breeding questions... - boogman, Mon Feb 27 09:13:09 2006
<< Previous topic:  Stripline het albinos. Check them out!! - extreme_bci, Sun Feb 26 19:29:56 2006