return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Plated Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hi Paul...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Rainshadow at Wed Mar 1 00:05:48 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Rainshadow ]  

Keep in mind that the website contains information "to the best of my knowledge",and ability to describe it..."at that time". I have continued my work with them,and the story is now in need of a few new chapters...if,by "we" you mean the "boacultural community" at large then sure,that's probably true,I never bet the farm on it being a "single gene set mutation"...but,having more than one set of genes working within the same line of animals,is the best reason I can think of to name,and pay attention to the bloodline rather than trying to name each,and every anomolous look it produces,and presenting individuals as "possible" this,or that(the "problem" with another variable "morph" that should've been recognized as a "bloodline" IMHO.) the patternless anomolies produced this past year were fathered by a completely "normal looking" F3 bred to a completely unrelated animal!"normals" from this line have produced expressive individuals numerous times..as for the recipe for proof you suggested,I would agree that that particular path is much too long,and time consuming...my thoughts are,rather than slowly spiral up that mountain in the name of science,littering the path with an excessive number of animals of questionable value,I'm going to take the elevator straight to the summit,so I can enjoy the view in my lifetime...I'll drink a little toast to proof & science from there.
-----
EMAIL

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Gee Line Hypo x Suri = - JKBREPTILES, Tue Feb 28 05:33:40 2006
<< Previous topic:  Type II Anery (You should probably look) - PGoss, Mon Feb 27 23:22:17 2006