return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Please..NEED HELP!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: jayf at Wed Mar 1 13:44:03 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jayf ]  

i have no expereince but to me it deffinately seems like there is something neurologically wrong. how is the male snake that she was in with? if it were me i would seperate her from the rest of your collection till things are straightened out.

>>My 6' female columbian boa is behaving very strangely. She has breed this season and is currently in shed (post ovulation?)
>>I took her out this morning and she is moving in a disturbed manner. Her head and upper quareter of body just started zigzaging in a S-shape or the infinity symbol (try to picture the figure 8 turned sideways) She just sits there moveing like this continualy, literaly turnig her head upside down with each sway in the manner described above. Its as if she is not in controly of her body. A disease maybe???
>>
>>Im not new to snakes. Ive had many breeding projects this year but Ive never seen a snake do this. Its extremely disturbing and I quarentee its not normal.
>>
>>Experiance and opinions wanted.
>>Thanks
>>Brendan
>>-----
>>And God said to Noah,"Let there be plenty of room for the serpents".
>>--not doctrine--

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Please..NEED HELP! - bsaffron, Wed Mar 1 12:43:34 2006