return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thank you all. Heres pics.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: bsaffron at Thu Mar 2 00:29:15 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bsaffron ]  

Gentlemen.

Thank you very much for your inspired opinions. Perhaps I was too quick to "guarentee its not normal". Slight flaw.

I myself am a bit intrigued now with the symptoms displayed by a gravid female. Im not certain this female is gravid, because, I did ship her across the country in November (some people dont have as much success when females are shipped during breeding season) but she certainly breed well. Heres a pic of her in January.

I do not particularly make a habit of handling boas often during this time of the year but I thought she might like to stretch a little. Shes only in a smaller cage because she belongs to my buddy and thats all the room I had to accomadate her while I breed her to my male. It should only be temparay. I was planning to give her back to my buddy now that shes done breeding but I am leary to touch her now. I guess Ill just leave her be.

I think the theory of a fear of falling is very interesting. I wonder why all boas dont display that behavior. This female is only one of three that I breed for the first time this year. I havent realy tried to hold the other two recently but all seems well when I look at them. Then again, they all look fine until you touch them right!?

Heres a pic of the other two females and the orange salmon they breed (different male than the one above). The first girl is a 30lb normal breed to the orange male.

Ovulation.

.......and my prize blood red salmon female. Both the red female and the orange male are poss het anery so I hope to see some sweet ghosts.

Ovulation.

Thanks again for the advice. Good luck you guys with your projects. For the record....Im still an amature.

Brendan
-----
And God said to Noah,"Let there be plenty of room for the serpents".
--not doctrine--

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Please..NEED HELP! - bsaffron, Wed Mar 1 12:43:34 2006