return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Terry, do you notice differences...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ]

Posted by: Rivets55 at Tue Oct 3 00:19:31 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Rivets55 ]  

>>John, the second piece of info is the most important. Twenty-two is a large number of eggs, and indicative of a corn snake, not a GPR. However, the largeness of the eggs is likely due to the emoryi influence in your creamsicle line. I'm not sure how big the eggs were, but you said bigger than a normal corn's. Just to let you know how big an Emory's eggs can be, the eggs in my Emory's clutch this summer measured 2" X 1" for the most part. They were huge. There were only 7 in the clutch. The babies hatched Aug 6th and are eating two pinks at a time already.
>>
>>TC
>>

Wow - those are BIG eggs! My gal's wern't quite that big and there was some variation, but they were fiarly large. Also, the 22 egg clutch was produced when she was 4 ft long. One reason I liked working with the Creams was just that - the robust neonates. Most of them started right in on pinks and were up to 2 at a time w/in a couple months.

Wish I'd held back a few. Ce la vie.

John D
-----
I am so not lesdysxic!

0.1 Creamsicle Cornsake "Yolanda"
1.0 Bairds Ratsnake "Steely Dan"
0.1 Desert Kingsnake "FATTY"
0.1 Black Rat (WV Rescue) "Roberta"

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Terry, do you notice differences... - ratsnakehaven, Mon Oct 2 19:37:21 2006