return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Flame me - revisited, wave of the

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ]

Posted by: mchambers at Tue Oct 10 08:09:25 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mchambers ]  

future ( a hopefully very short WAVE )! Good shows / expos gone bad. Meaning > the rentable tables it seems wouldn't be rented out if the BP breeders wasn't there. Common economics are present at this time on the shows. yes, I remember ALMOST the same with leopard geckos and bearded dragons. Now they are saturated as to only a few breeders are at the shows. the BPs will go the same way and I don't have any doubt about that. The thing that gets me is that some of these shows use to limit the numbers of tables rented to same reptile but here we go again on the economics of the shows. Just recently at a show a young person dropped about what I determined was $10,000 on ball morphs and here 2 weeks later comes this new ( not really new but the way they advertise themselves ) BP morph breeder and their prices are about half almost of the morphs that the young man purchased. Now we all know the reason that the young guy did in fact purchase the morphs and as he stated. All I could do was to shake my head on his planes of returns and think by the time that he actually did breed his purchases of neonates to juvies how the market will be VERY saturated by then.
-----
I may be old , cantankerous, crabby, and cynical, but......

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Flame me - revisited, wave of the - Matt Campbell, Tue Oct 10 11:08:54 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Flame me - revisited - janiel24, Tue Oct 10 07:12:03 2006