return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Flame me - revisited

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ]

Posted by: Matt Campbell at Wed Oct 11 18:12:44 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Matt Campbell ]  

It's interesting to hear the a similar thing is occuring at shows in Europe. Somehow I think a lot of us U.S. hobbyists think of Europe as having a greater diversity of species available at shows versus here. Of course a lot of people have pointed out that many snakes that are not widely kept here that are native U.S. species have a greater appreciation in Europe.

Still, I think you make an interesting point. If we want variety in our Ratsnakes, we can always find it searching online websites of breeders and importers. It just may be that shows will continue to be dominated by fad species mainly because a lot of people go to shows intending to buy SOMETHING, whether they leave with what they originally wanted or something else it's the idea that a lot of people going to shows have money burning a hole in their pockets.

So, fad snakes may be more likely to net their breeders a profit versus other species not currently commanding more money. I guess this may be the dynamic of future shows and we'll simply have to shop online and have our snakes shipped. That's okay, but I still prefer being able to go to a show and see multiple representatives of whatever I'm looking for. You can see the same stock from different breeders and perhaps find one breeder who gives better customer service, as some other posters have mentioned.
-----
Matt Campbell

"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." John Muir

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Flame me - revisited - enanitoleg, Wed Oct 11 23:14:32 2006
>> Next Message:  Well... - hermanbronsgeest, Thu Oct 12 09:43:12 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Flame me - revisited - hermanbronsgeest, Wed Oct 11 07:17:52 2006