return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Well...the wheel of progress

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ]

Posted by: mchambers at Thu Oct 12 11:13:26 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mchambers ]  

that i keep bringing up as to the cycle of herps being popular. that was then, don't know if it will make return trip this time on milks / kings and rat snakes as it has several times in past. That is my scary thought of even here in the USA. i'm old enough to have seen the " wheel " make its turn around several times in the past 2 decades and more but..............there was and still although small, a notion to get back to basics as in the pure strains and of true or pure genetics. But does this come with a age attachment of our generations ? It's almost seems to as in fads of morphs and designer herps with the younger crowd. This I say after looking at classifieds and attending reptile shows recently. Is it another " bombardment " of sensatulism or of a money thing as a perpetual investment ? I would hate to see it go this way but I get this feeling now. I also see an assumption that this morph thing and particular in some species as a wave and from my observation and down right speaking to some people, that is what they are saying or believing. The young man that spent approximately $10,000 at the last reptile show and maybe he didn't spend all #10,000 there, I had to just look the other way as he was explaining his future profits to my friend sitting next to me. The young person was in his 20ties, Did it matter that every other table had BP and BP morphs at this show ? Did it matter to him that he had neonates or juveniles that wouldn't breed for awhile and the saturation of market or market value would be even worse by the time he might produce ? Did it matter that his snakes would fall even greater in price and probably harder to sell in the future ? Did it matter to him that he is a un-known and probably will be when it comes time to try to sell his produced snakes ? Nope..........his eyes was on the pure money factor. But I'm not saying he didn't or won't not love his keeps. Just that he had no idea on what he was doing and was motivated and or had visions on returns of profit.
-----
I may be old , cantankerous, crabby, and cynical, but......

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Well...the wheel of progress - Matt Campbell, Thu Oct 12 18:46:21 2006

<< Previous Message:  Well... - hermanbronsgeest, Thu Oct 12 09:43:12 2006