return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: W/C Southern

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ]

Posted by: kfisher29 at Thu Apr 5 00:13:08 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kfisher29 ]  

Not uncommon, but check your temps, they might be too low. How did you bring the snake out of brumation/put it in brumation? Have you tried a tree frog yet? Did you hatch out the eggs? If so how are the offspring doing? She looks ok to me, but I would recommend weighing her and monitering her weight.
Nick

All 13 eggs hatched out and they are all eating and doing great. Brumating was tough here in northern colorado because the temps constantly dropped real low into the teens or below teens outside back up to the fifties in the same week basically all winter so she was put into brumation right before one of the 4 blizzards we had and brought up once the temps stabilized for 2 weeks at 60 degrees,no temp. transition period really because I've heard there has been studies linking lower temperature transition into brumation can lead to respiratory problems especially with w/c..? Whats weird is she has never showed interest in frogs at all and I've tried several small live species of frogs so far and she hisses violently,lol,weird? Its still a little cool here so that may be it,we keep getting these crazy cold fronts that move in on top of warm weather so she probably just needs a little longer. I read of someone on here offering their hog egg thru a syringe and cather,but i'll wait a little for that. Heres a pic one month after laying eggs,she was a garbage disposal! Thanks,Kevin

[ Hide Replies ]

• W/C Southern - kfisher29, Wed Apr 4 15:35:54 2007 image in post
    • RE: W/C Southern - herper79, Wed Apr 4 21:51:53 2007
      • You Are HereRE: W/C Southern - kfisher29, Thu Apr 5 00:13:08 2007 image in post

>> Next topic:  Egg Bound??? - CBH, Thu Apr 5 18:39:55 2007
<< Previous topic:  W/C Southern Hog Question - kfisher29, Wed Apr 4 15:16:37 2007