return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Bingo! "Pre-ovulation Swell" follow up..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: boaphile at Wed Dec 5 16:17:58 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boaphile ]  

Bingo!

On December the 1st, I posted a little blurb about the "Pre-ovulation Swell" which I first noticed about fifteen years ago. I wrote a lengthy description about this occurrence which can be read and seen if you like at the following link:

Pre-ovulation Swell

I also posted a link to a video showing what the "Pre-ovulation Swell" looks like. At least what it looked like in one large Monster Tail Hypo female that was in the "thick of it" on that date.

Click here to view the Pre-Ovulation Swell video

Here are a couple pictures of that female in the "Pre-ovulation Swell".

I had predicted that she would have that ovulation within two weeks from that Date. Then on December 3rd I noticed that she was definitely in shed. She was really dark and her eyes were clouding over. "Bummer", is exactly what I thought after seeing that happen. You see, that normally means that the ovulation will not occur for some time. Usually around six weeks later between that coming shed and the next one. They almost never ovulate while opaque. I have actually only seen that happen one time before, but happen again it did! I guess I don't mind too much... LOL She is really massive now moving about in slow motion as they do when ovulating with a gigantic mass that I love to see. This is great since shortly I can move this little male Motley onto another female to try to do it all over again.

I thought I would post a couple more pictures along with additional video to illustrate what has happened here in the past few days. Here is a picture of the very opaque ovulating Monster Tail Hypo:

Here is a close up shot of her head clearly showing that she is in fact fully opaque:

Click here to view the Monster Tail Hypo Ovulation video

Oh and just for fun... here is another video showing a male Pearlescent Boa all stretched out wondering what to do with that big female he is rooming with...

Click here for the Pearlescent Video

Am I having fun yet???

And for anyone that is really bored... Boa guys up North have other things to do that you kids that live in the tropics do not... Got any snow lately?

Click here to see what we Frozen Tundra Dwellers have to do... Click at your own risk.
-----
Boaphile Home
All Original/Boaphile Plastics
The Boa Network

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Salmons gaining color.... - chaz-schilens, Wed Dec 5 23:44:25 2007
<< Previous topic:  Genetics Q: What do you likely get..... - Odin22, Wed Dec 5 15:03:10 2007