return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Baby Monitor- WHERE did you get that??

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: LSD at Mon May 12 11:30:14 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by LSD ]  

I now have 2 Fetal Dopplers. I got both of mine on Ebay. My old one didn't show the heartrate, so I got a new one this year. Both of my Doppler are Sonotrax. My newest one is a Sonotrax 3Mhz 2008 model. It was 149.00 plus shipping. I got the one that shows a heartrate, but when checking boas you don't always get a heartrate to show. It's the sound you're really listening for anyway. The Fetal Dopplers are already pretty inexpensive, so if you have the extra cash it might be better to get one that's 3Mhz. The brand doesn't matter. I like the 3Mhz one, because you get less backgound noise and it's easier to hear the heartbeats sooner. You can hear them up to 10 weeks before their due date. It takes practice and careful listening, but you can hear them that early. The latest I've heard them was 8 weeks before their due dates.

Before you buy one, be sure to check with the seller. Some of them post on their auctions about being an "authorized purchaser". I'm not sure why that's on there, but be sure to check to make sure they'll be able to sell to you before you buy.

Good Luck,
Linda D.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Baby Monitor- WHERE did you get that?? - southernboids, Mon May 12 10:16:23 2008