return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Nov 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Finally got my BRB

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ]

Posted by: jwilmot at Thu Nov 12 13:11:13 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jwilmot ]  

Thanks for the warm welcome Dave.

I fed Amidala for the first time last night, boy was she excited about that lol.(live pinky mouse) It seamed to be a bit on the small side and I have read many different opinions on what size to feed a new BRB.I am wondering if I should upgrade to a fuzzy mouse or perhaps a pinky rat? I have not mesured her but I would gues she is 18-20inches long.

With rainbows is there a recomended time after feeding before handling? I would like to take pics of her today, but is it best to wait 2-3 days?

OT: Yesterday a friend found out that we got a snake and asked if we wanted his Geko. My wife likes lizzards more than snakes so I went and got her. She is about 14 years old and is about to go into shed. My 2 year old is really excited about both of them.

Back To Amidala, I have purchased a substrate call Coco Soft, it is coconut husk that i'm told will help reduce the chance of mold or mildew. It is also good for keeping the humidity up.
Has anyone else got an opinion on this product? I was a little concerned about her ingesting some but they said it will not hurt her if she does. Any opinions would be great.

Thanks for reading and look forward to joining your community.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Finally got my BRB - rainbowsrus, Thu Nov 12 13:29:43 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: Finally got my BRB - rainbowsrus, Tue Nov 10 22:54:13 2009