return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Nov 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Nov 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Frustrated Argentinian question

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ]

Posted by: SRX at Thu Dec 3 06:53:03 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SRX ]  

Currently, I am only aware of 3 tangible Argentinian Rainbow Boas; 1) Jeff Clark's ad; 2) NatSamJosh/Ed's male on the forum; and 3) Underground Reptiles' ad. The frustrating thing about ARB's is there is not alot of photos that depicts their true, adult size. Another frustration is their lineage. How many unrelated animals make up the U.S. captive breeding population and does anyone other than Mr. Clark currently breed them?
It seems that Colombians are the only locale that I have encountered other than BRBs. It is a species I have been very curious about for a while, but they just do not appear to be widely available for contrast and comparison. I would like to get a general "feel" for ARBs before inquiring with a breeder and taking up unnecessary time from them if the species is not right for me. In regards to the term "right", I am referring to species I truly enjoy overall. Not monetarily. Not necessarily easy. After working with a spectrum of animals over the years, I have recently focused on a few species that have proven themselves fun to interact with and house; Liasis, Candoia, GTPs, ATBs, Erycines, and some odd colubrids. Sorry for all the hub-bub, let me get to the point of the post. I would like to request from the forum a few photos of an adult BRB alongside an adult ARB in the same tub (for size reference). Any feedback would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
Scott

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Frustrated Argentinian question - natsamjosh, Thu Dec 3 18:37:13 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Frustrated Argentinian question - Jeff Clark, Thu Dec 3 20:26:54 2009