return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Awesome Set-Up Dave.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ]

Posted by: hyporainbowboas at Wed Dec 23 19:19:19 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hyporainbowboas ]  

You have quite a few more snakes than I had imagined.
Your set up looks very user friendly and space efficient.

I really like the hatchling racks that double as a workspace.
A workspace like this is almost critical when you start dealing with increased numbers of animals.

When I get around to it, I will try to do the same type of thing to show a slightly different set up both inside and out. My rooms have changed a lot over the past decade, and I am always trying to find the best layout. My next project is to have a large restaurant style Stainless Steel Sink and countertop in each room (by the window). I want double or triple sinks. I want a sink for disinfectant that drains to the sewer and the other sinks plumbed to the outside landscape or my compost piles. The urate deposits are high in nitrogen and are a great fertilizer. I compost almost all of my snake wastes and kitchen scraps (including any uneaten dead rats…from the snakes…not from me), and keeping these piles moist every time you dump and rinse the water bowls will make the composting process work even that much better. Keeping the disinfectant out of the compost piles is very important or else you will kill all the microbes breaking down the carbon bonds in the organic matter.

Most cages will work fine if at the proper temperatures, so the 1,000's you have spent in thermostats are the second best investment you can make...After a good temp gun.

Soooo....... When do you sleep??
-----
Bryan Hummel
www.rainbowboas.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Awesome Set-Up Dave. - brick1, Sun Dec 27 20:00:30 2009

<< Previous Message:  Virtual tour of my snakerooms... - rainbowsrus, Mon Dec 21 01:33:30 2009