return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

abecess?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: casey31179 at Sat Mar 5 08:13:59 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by casey31179 ]  

Ok here's another question about my boa. This is the boa with the R.I. infection that I posted about before. He is sheding and I've been soaking him to help him along cause I know sometime if they are sick they don't shed well and cause he seems to love it. Well any ways I took him out of he tank the other day and I notice a lump on the side of his belly about third quaters of the way down his body. it was really red so I soaked him for a couple of hours and had one of my friends help me and we held hi down to clean it. There was no discharge but it was very fleshy and his scales seemed to almost crumble and rot off. I have been cleaning it twice and day and been putting bacitration on it. The swelling has gone away and its no longer raw looking nor are the scales discinerating. Has anyone seen this before? Am I doing the right thing for him? He has an appointment at the vet Thursday I just don't want him to get any worse before then.

Thanks
Casey

2.1 Durmerls
1.0 colmbian red tail
0.0.1 suriname
0.0.3 sulcata tortoises
1.1 dwarf cherry heads tortoises
1.1.1 red foots tortoises
0.0.1 egyptian Tort
0.4 dogs
2.6 leopard torts

[ Show Entire Thread ]