return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Noob - comments welcome...DUW

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Photography Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: BryanD at Sat Feb 17 21:13:58 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BryanD ]  

I've heard good things about the lumix. It looks like you're on the right track my friend, here's my honest critique.

First pic of the black king appears to either be out of focus or the depth of field is off. Background takes your attention away from the subject.

In the 2nd one the water droplets and, once again, the background are distracting.

Third pic of the thayeri is really nice. Nicely cropped/framed. Well done.

The ratsnake shot is also quite nice.

Frilled shot is sharp and has a nice catch light in the eye but once again has a distracting background. If I can offer you one piece of advice that will help you the most it's "control your background".

The first frog shot is cute but the foreground is dark and the backround has distracting highlights.

2nd frog pic is fantastic! Really great job! Print this and hang it on your wall!

Next two ratsnake shots don't do much for me. Aspen bedding doen't make for an interesting setting and the first one has some shadows that could be eliminated.

White sided is a nicely taken picture but the pose is unnatural.

Over all you should be really pleased with these pictures. Well done.
-----
"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only to what we know of it."

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Noob - comments welcome...DUW - viborero, Sun Feb 18 21:51:52 2007

<< Previous Message:  Noob - comments welcome...DUW - viborero, Mon Feb 12 08:52:10 2007