return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: question on water

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dart & Mantella Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hedder062474 at Fri Jun 15 11:38:56 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hedder062474 ]  

Thank you for answering my post I really appreciate it a lot! You are always the first person to take time out to answer questions and I personally want to Thank You for that!!

I don't have a lot of gravel in the tank. There isn't any under the false bottom except where some might have fallen do to me trying to fill in a little gap between the land part and the pool... but it didn't work to well. I might have to fix that with some great stuff or seal it off with egg create and some silicone, I am a little afraid of frogs getting stuck undr the fasle bottom and not being able to find there way back out.The gravel sits in the the pool and is a thin layer I can see the bottom glass in some of it. Should I add some kind of filter to my water area? I didn't do that because I was afraid that it would constantly clog up from the dirt that falls in the bottom from the top.... it isn't a lot but I think it is enough to clog a filter up. Where should I add the bubble wand? Should I add it to the section under the egg crate or put it in the pool area? Do the wands clog up? I guess I could add more stones and water to the pool area.....but I will have to find a way to make the false bottom sit higher in the tank. I guess I could cut out the old pvc and just put in longer pieces to accomplish this. What do you think?

I guess I won't worry about the color of the water then if it is a good thing . When I move we will be on a well system. It has been tested for drinking and is fine as far as I know. IT comes out of the faucet so cold that it will turn your hands to ice no joke! If I decided to switch when I move from distilled to well water how would I test the water to make sure it wouldn't hurt the frogs?

I am hoping that once we move the heat wont be such a problem. We are going to be up on the mountain on a ten acre farm. When I was up there this past weekend it was cool and not very hot. There is always a breeze coming through. It gets hot durning the day but is really cool at night and in the morning. I have seen the product you are talking about and if I have to I will pick one of those up and see what happens. Would adding ice to the resivor for the misting system be a good idea? The only thing I am wondering is if that would be enough to keep the tank cool. I was also thinking about cutting a section of glass out of the side of the tank and placing one of those computer fans in the hole and run that on and off on different cycles. But I am not sure if that would be a good idea or not. The lights are compact flourecents and don't put off that much heat. Thank you very much!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: question on water - Slaytonp, Fri Jun 15 18:58:58 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: question on water - Slaytonp, Thu Jun 14 20:48:17 2007