return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Envenomation

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Sun Aug 11 06:44:30 2013  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Again, this is gone crazy and makes me wonder about how folks use "information" and context. And if you believe everything on the internet, your in trouble.

Saliva of humans, causes a nasty bite and often, cats, dogs etc, cause the same. Friggin catfish can bite or poke the crap out of you.

I will quote my wife, if it has a mouth, it can bite. Oh yea, last week a 2ft female hog in the field, used it false striking and buffing ability and it worked on her. It got away without a picture, but an old can to make the spot and going to get me(out in the bush) we did get our pictures and information.

I guess theres lots of people in the world and I am the total opposite of Troy. I have had 11 rattlesnake bites, 3 were hot. The last two, I did nothing. The last one, I went back to work. None hurt in any way, the first really had swelling, my arm was a balloon, the last two were about like Troys. I have been bitten by a million rear fanged and other colubrids, including hogs and huge lyresnakes, without any symptons what so ever. A a million varanid bites with are known to carry croto toxin. And some like Kings pygmy monitors, will make you dance. Apparently, I like to dance.

I also ride a Harley, now that is dangerous. Oh and cars, hmmmmmmmmm they will kill you.

The advice is easy, keep your hands or other body parts out of their mouths(If it bothers you).

As most would say here, If they ban them, I would still keep them. And that is what happens when there are friggin too many laws, the laws themselves become weak and useless.

You all know Australia has tons of laws in this area, funny thing is, in the outback(99%) of Oz. No one gives a damn.

Its funny with English rule, everything fun is illegal, yet the English run around the world having fun.

I am sorry Troys hand reacted like it did, but seriously, its up to him to carry on or not. As it is with the rest of us.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Frank. - Gregg_M_Madden, Sun Aug 11 09:10:51 2013 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Envenomation - CourtGaverth, Sat Aug 10 22:42:21 2013