return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: kingsnake bonding

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: FR at Tue Apr 22 14:04:15 2014  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Kingsnakes cannibalistic as defined by the zoological dictionary. That is consuming their own species. But not cannibalistic in a group behavioral point of view.

The point is, no one told kingsnakes, that a snake that occurs outside its range is a kingsnake or not. They do not read it, or even know what species are. That is your human thoughts that you warm me of. In the world of kingsnakes, you need to learn what WE means. You, we vs. Them. Them is everything not WE(or us)

Bonding is inherent and learned. THey cannot bond with something that Is not present. Bonding in animals is primarily age based. That is, its done when young.
I want to ask you this, in a world where there are no laws, And nothing prevents anything else from killing you. What would be safer, establishing bonds with those you hatched and grew up with. or wandering around hoping to find another snake that may or may not eat you. Then if you find a mate and it works out good. Would it be better if you keep looking for a new mate, they may or may not eat you. Or go back and visit the same one that you already established a working relationship with(he didn't eat you) Its not complicated and its simple. And its what they do.
You can argue all you want, but I asked you to explain how come my kings have lived in pairs and groups or decades and decades, same for Bluerosy and others, and we are talking WITH THE EXACT Same snakes you have. Oh by the way, Those high whites and yellows are a line I developed decades ago. I also was the first to breed albino kings and established albino banded, stripes, desert black and whites. Newporters etc. And they all lived in groups.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: kingsnake bonding - snakekate, Tue Apr 22 10:12:40 2014 image in post