return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Mosaic FL - is it just mine........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: JTColubrids at Sun Apr 11 12:58:57 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JTColubrids ]  

I have close to 30 mosaics of all sizes and I've found that same thing to be true with most of them though I feed the small ones live so they have no problems eating. Some of the skiddish adults will drop their food if disturbed in the least but they always end up eating the day after. When I bred a Jelly to a Mosaic last season I worried in the back of my mind that the babies would take a long time to grow up and make some new morphs, but I was very wrong. It seems that when the mosaic trait is combined with other traits those hets lose the "skiddish" actions and my hets, even the ones het for peabino and mosaic from rainer and I's breeding, the double het for lavender and mosaics I have, and the het for mosaic poss het hybino babies I hatched last year eat EVERY TIME and never act like my mosaics do. They still hiss and rattle their tails like some of my mosaics do when disturbed, but they seem to have lost their shyness and never turn down a f/t meal Just my experiences

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Sudden Death?? - kctrader, Sun Apr 11 13:51:43 2010
<< Previous topic:  Won't be long for eggs - joecop, Sat Apr 10 20:58:01 2010