return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: RE theres an easy answer and not just

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: kctrader at Mon Apr 12 19:02:07 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kctrader ]  

Believe it or not I would have to agree with you. Simplicity is not in the human brain as we can tell this when we become adults and try to help our 1st graders with the simpliest form of work. I am one to say" its not that easy is it???"

With that being the answer now the question becomes how do we offer this in such different climates? I keep four different species now all four have seperate racks,different temp ranges, different access to sunlight(ofcourse through a window, different humidity.For people that live in FL as myself, we have a hard time to get below 78 or 76 in the summer and also real hard to lower the humidity.

Now with the technology that we have today can we build a suitable cage for each species. As the law of averages may not work for certain species.This discussion could go on for ever and their will always be others taking the opposite side, until studies have been performed. But for me I liked the pyro pyro and knobs as well but being my geographical location maybe sticking with other species is best.

I never said its the snakes fault I always take my husbandry and access to what their needs are first.

Also, dropped the snake off for the autopsy today and hopefully should have results in the next couple. I stayed for some to see if there was any tumors or infections visible but to no avail. So I am going to imagine its the access to something she needed that I didn't provide or just she served her purpose and it was her time as the same happens all the time in the human race as well.
-----
Jimmy Tintle

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: RE theres an easy answer and not just - pyromaniac, Mon Apr 12 20:32:33 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: RE theres an easy answer and not just - FR, Tue Apr 13 00:36:33 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE theres an easy answer and not just - FR, Mon Apr 12 16:14:43 2010