return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: All White Kingsnake?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: Bluerosy at Wed Apr 14 11:37:44 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bluerosy ]  

That statement is a little off. First I developed high yellow kings, then seperately, developed high white. At first, at least in my effort, the high yellow was not bred into high white and that of course means it did not have to be bred out.

Of course most black and white cal kings have some yellow on the vender. But not all. So yes, some yellow on the vender can occur.

After the project left my hands then these high whites were bred into the melinistic cal king line. Cheers

Thanks FR for the full statement. i was a little tired when i typed that late last night and just wanted to shortcut it and not type that much. It does have a long history of selective breeding to get the the point of what we have today. and yes the deserts have yellow on the bottom etc. I wonder how many people actually are interested in knowing how they came about. I think it should be properly recorded as the bananna comes up a lot on here and in the future will be a mainstay of Cal king morphs.
-----
www.Bluerosy.com

A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  that's right........ - DMong, Wed Apr 14 12:05:52 2010 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: All White Kingsnake? - FR, Wed Apr 14 08:48:33 2010