return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Peanut Butter Brooks question?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: bluerosy at Thu Apr 22 17:49:32 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bluerosy ]  

What are the expected chances of getting Jellies with a pairing of an Amel or Amel snow with a PB het?

Zero.

unless you are taling about the T negative Amel.
I assume you meant the Lavender albino since you mentioned the snow. The lavender albino does not share a locus like the T neg does with the Peanut Butter. The T neg and PB create the jelly in the first generation.

Anytime you breed a T negative to a Peanut butter, you will get all Jellies. Breed a jelly to a T neg, you get jellies and T negs. breed a PB to a jelly, you get PB's and Jellies. Breed a Jelly to jelly, you get PB, T negs and Jellies.

maybe this description will make it easier for some (probably not)..It is hard to ones head around because so many people are used to thinking of hets and straight recessive traits. Think of the T neg Amel and the PB and the jelly as all one and the same animal/trait. Not seprate hets or seperate traits.

For instance I created triple hets, some with jelly x Ghost, some with T neg x ghost and some with PB x Ghost. It does not matter which of the three i put together because the Ghost all line up and if one is a het T neg or another a het Pb etc. The traits all line up.

hmmm, not sure if this helped anybody. I much better at explaining this over the phone or in person.

2010 T neg hatchling:

-----
www.Bluerosy.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Peanut Butter Brooks question? - bluerosy, Thu Apr 22 17:55:01 2010

<< Previous Message:  Peanut Butter Brooks question? - a153fish, Thu Apr 22 16:53:58 2010 image in post