return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Basilisk . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Garter Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

LOL!!,..that's right!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: DMong at Wed Apr 28 17:44:03 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DMong ]  

As we all know, there is no way in hell his LIST could possibly be mislabeled...HAHAHAHAA!

I find that almost all pet shop employees will fight tooth and nail to keep from having to admit to someone off the street that they don't know what they have. It is simply too embarrassing for them.

I try to politely correct pet shops all the time about what they have, but they don't ever want to hear it.

After all, I am just some dude that walked into their store that only wants a fuzzy mouse for his problem-feeder, so how the hell would I know anything about snakes??,...hey!, I am just a customer that should be asking THEM the questions,..right??

That is how it always goes at most pet shops. They figure(and like to assume) that if YOU are going there for something, how much could you possibly know about anything..LOL!

Not long ago, there was a lady pet shop owner that had a pinky in a Rough Green snake's cage there and commented to me on how this thing would just NOT EAT for anything..LOL! She thought she had bought a Green Ratsnake(Senticolis triaspis)..LOL!

~Doug
-----
"a snake in the grass is a GOOD thing"

my website -serpentinespecialties.webs.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  I remember! - a153fish, Wed Apr 28 16:40:33 2010