return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Joecop!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: DMong at Sun Jun 10 02:59:09 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DMong ]  

I finally located that nice DOR corn I found here that one night. It's coloration was really unique. So sad that it was dead when I found it.

And here are a pair of Yellow Rats I found on the mainland where I used to live about 9 miles inland which was very far out in a wooded neighborhood. This is just after I caught it in the back yard at like 41 inches, very thin and and only 97 grams. The dogs had it circled at night and were all barking big-time, so I went out with a flashlight to see what all the comotion was and it was and saw it all "S' up trying to defend itself from the dogs.

Here he is much later on being well cared for at around 800 grams.

Here is a female Yellow Rat I captured at my moms friends house about 8 miles south of the other one.

Here is a nice little cornsnake yearling I captured across the street from my old house where I found the male Yellow Rat in a big orange tree.

Here she is a good while later as a nice adult. Man, she dropped a whopping clutch of 35 good eggs here first breeding!..LOL! Jorge has this big female now, and we refer to her as "Big Bertha"..

Here she is dwarfing the male.

Here are some of her kids she had after being bred to my lavender het hypo male.

This is the very same hatchling snake in the above photo a while later as it matured more.......just unreal how they can color up!.

Some more Black Racers found just a few feet from where the male yellow Rat was found.

one found on the other side of the house. I watched this one crawl past me and go up into a small bush, then heard a bunch of ruckus and it fell to the ground with a brown anole in it's mouth..LOL!!

Another one bolting off into the woods on the other side of the fence.

Anyway, I found a cool little Pine Woods Snake ((Rhadinaea flavilata) in the wooded lot next door inside a rotted log during the winter, a bunch of awesome looking DOR corns on the road leading out of the neighborhood, a HUUUGE very pink colored coachwhip, and a DOR coral snake in this neighborhood as well wen I lived for only a few years. It was a pretty productive area without ever even trying to find stuff..LOL!

cheers, ~Doug
-----
"a snake in the grass is a GOOD thing"

serpentinespecialties.webs.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Joecop! - snake_bit, Sun Jun 10 07:35:28 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Joecop! - pyromaniac, Sun Jun 10 09:01:02 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Joecop! - RossPadilla, Sun Jun 10 10:33:26 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Joecop! - tspuckler, Sun Jun 10 13:10:50 2012 image in post