return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: This project turned out nice...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: Bluerosy at Thu Jul 5 01:54:10 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bluerosy ]  

I introduce them during winter becaue that is when MINE are big enough to eat small mice. Then they breed in the spring. On their own. And they stay together.

Where it gets confusing is because most people are still feeding there snakes pinkies. I start them on one live pink. Second meal is a fuzzy. Size goes up pretty fast from there. So do the growth spurts with each meal. They can eat much bigger mice than poeple think. They eat snakes in the wild. So their systems are made to handle larger meals.

And that has been a topic of discussion here as well. Also where people don;'t beleive it is healthy or they can eat larger meals from the get go.

See if you were a detective. You would see what i am saying all fits. problem is people think about what they do. Because they are limited. They don't beleive or want to beleive what i do. But it all matches up perfectly.

I forget what they call that in detective work. Like one witness sees the man walk up the hill and another saw him coming down. Well that is what give credibilty to stories. They don't always seem to match up.If they did it is probably a lie. But then you think...maybe the man had to go up the hill to come down the hill.

anyway,.. . Florida kings don't need to be fed lots of pinkies. Just continuely larger mice with each meal. The worst that can happen is they can't get it down. Then you learned what is TOO big. But mostly they can get it down and it will surprise you. Then you know they can get always get that size down so bump up the size on the next meal. if you have a good heat gradient and hardy snakes that want to eat. They will be big enough come spring or early summer to breed.

As we know not all indivuals or lines are as hardy as others. But the ones that are . Like my quad hets . They all grew fast because they always ate and wrren't fincky like other lines such as the mosaics ect et al.
-----
"2. How many eggs could a 20 inch king even make, if even possible? Remember, they have lungs, a stomach, etc,

Billy (DISCERN)

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: This project turned out nice... - a153fish, Thu Jul 5 10:22:06 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: This project turned out nice... - a153fish, Thu Jul 5 00:56:59 2012