return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: The subject of bonding

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: FR at Fri Jul 6 18:53:45 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FR ]  

Its your base concept thats weak, you keep wanting to make exceptions. That, it could be this or that type of thing. Consider, every dang thing you see, could be something else. Well it could be.

The reason was explained in my post. Allowing certain individuals to stay in close proxsimity and not others means there is a choice and means there's a reason why they allow some individuals and not others. Same species or different species.

That BOND, whatever it is, is what allows that individual to be near and on a repeated basis to another individual. The problem is, you insert your often out of context difination of "bond" in an area, you have never defined. You have not defined the connection or the degree of bonding.

So I will put the question to you. What do you call the connection that allows individuals to be allowed into close proxsimity to other individuals, same species or not, all the while NOT allowing other individuals to be in close proxsimity, of those same species????

Then I would ask, what is the connection between individual sparrows in a flock, or fish in a school. Or cows in a herd, When there are lots of schools, flocks, and herds. Why don't they just simply join another grouping? What keeps your wife coming home???????????oh I know that one, money right?

I could ask you questions all day, but I am afraid your answers would be, it could be something else. hahahahahahaha

So why are snakes territorial, when there are always other snakes in that same territory? Why do they have all manner of scent glands and sensing organs? Oh well to many questions Thanks

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: The subject of bonding - pyromaniac, Thu Jul 5 18:20:09 2012