return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

one of the first original Peanut Butters

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by: Bluerosy at Sat Mar 8 20:25:32 2014   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bluerosy ]  

Peanut Butter Brooks. You can see why this forum members back when these first popped out choose that name (I asked what to call this morph since the "hypo" name was already taken). They voted for several different names suggested and the winning name to call these was Peanut Butter brooks-I did not choose the name ,LOL!!) The original PB"s definetely showed the coloration of Peanut Butter. Of course, with outcrossing today, the colors have changed a bit with the Peanut Butters and we get a variance in the ones seen today.

A 2003 baby with higher red.. Clutches came out from light to dark and everything inbetween. As do most Florida king clutches.. with females usually being the darker color.

Just thought I would throw this in e in as well.

One of the original Sulfur lavender Florida kings. Pic is from 2003 as an adult.

a clutch of sulfur lavenders and Sulfur snows. The "sulfur" is just a line trait. Not a recessive trait.. juts the lavender is a recessive. The sulfur line originated from a high yellow Florida king owned by Len Krysco he called a "school bus yellow king" :

-----
"I guess newbies cannot understand, those who build the foundation, are not the ones with great opportunity. Those who buy the latest generations, have the greatest opportunity to create new morphs. "

Frank Retes

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: one of the first original Peanut Butters - rosspadilla, Mon Mar 10 18:54:23 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: one of the first original Peanut Butters - Mic47, Tue Mar 11 08:56:46 2014