return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Iguana closing eyes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Iguanas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: elechal23 at Tue Nov 25 17:52:03 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by elechal23 ]  

Hello! I have had my iguana ever since she was a baby and now she's 3 and a half years old, 3 feet long, and she became very aggressive so I decided to start taming her last week. Ive been holding her everyday for one week now and giving her tours of my house and feeding her by hand sometimes but today she's acting different...when I picked her up she did her usual attempt to get away from me and then when I started talking to her to calm her down she closed her eyes and everytime she would open them it would be to get move around, trying to escape from my hands. So now she is just laying on my legs with her eyes closed not even moving and I keep thinking she will jump off any minute since Im not used to her being so calm. Is she closing her eyes because she's scared? She's had them closed for a while now...I figure she's sleeping but is this a sign she's beginning to trust me? I would also appreciate some advice on what other things I can do to tame her. Thank you!!

Here's a pic of her, her name is Tigeris...originally Tiger till I found at she was a girl at the age of 2 =)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  How Big are the Pieces of Food should be - Paradon, Wed Dec 3 08:55:01 2008
<< Previous topic:  Newbie-Iguana Care-Help Please - FutureBoaBreeder, Fri Nov 21 15:38:57 2008