return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
$50 banner pool - click here

A beautiful Regret..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: knksthisnthat at Wed Nov 9 20:53:11 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by knksthisnthat ]  

We have had reptiles of all kinds all our lives. About 4 months ago me and my boyfriend was discussing how awesome it would be to have a big lizard that potentially "rule" the house. We decided to look in to the monitor thing. I wasnt to worried about it because you dont see much around here that people are selling. We do have younger children that come on and off to our home. So i didnt want something ferocious. But something large that could be puppy dog tame. So that when young children come to my house and play with my snakes and turtles and geckos and what not they are not mauled. We let the convo drop. Well awhile goes by and my friend mentions he has this adorable little female monitor that was calm, ect ect. I kinda blew it off and didnt think much of it. I mentioned it to the boyfriend in a casual convo! didnt think he would actually go get it. So i have this (it is cute) about 9 inch long nile monitor that i call nessie after the lockness monster. She was tolerable to handling the first few weeks. did normal new repti wriggle when u first held her and she would settle down...Now She is a monster. Tries to bite bite bite when you try to pick her up. I did the research the boyfriend should have done before getting her. and read there is pretty much no taming them they get big and do what they want. I feed her change her water bowl. Clean her cage. But dont know what to do. I hate being a failure to any animal. But really I should call it quits and find her a home with no young children and someone that can hang on to her forever. Is there any other option? Is there any monitors that can be handled? Please dont hate on me.
this is nessie

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Nile Monitor - omrisim1, Thu Nov 10 08:05:13 2011
<< Previous topic:  Ackies and Breeding Pairs - skreal, Wed Nov 9 14:41:58 2011