return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Zonata Skin Problem

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Mountain Kingsnakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tony D at Tue Feb 7 06:46:39 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tony D ]  

I completely understand Stu. I too have kept all manner of colubrids but have an inexplicable lack of success with grey bands. Didn't matter if I got neonates, yearlings or thriving adults they all did poorly for me no matter what I did. I never figured out what the problem was but have since moved and have thought of trying again but am still put off on them.

As for these critters you have, I've always seen Zs as a bit of a tricky animal particularly since nobody has a good grasp on what causes the syndrome. I'd be interested in knowing a few things:

Did you get the whole group or does the breeder still have some? If he still has some how are they doing?

Did any from this group go to anyone else? If so how are they doing?

Point being if there are other animals out there that are doing well I'm again led to environmental conditions and this need not have happened in your care. It is possible that something happened enroute that could have shocked them into this funk. On the other hand if others are having problems......

We all (buyer and seller) take risks in these transactions. For my part I would suggest you make some attempt to determine the status of the breedr's stock and the condition of neonates sold to others. If everything is cool there, keep the breeder apprised of what is going on. Get their best advise and see if you can't turn these around. If after giving it your best attempt the animals still fail you, then see if you can work out a replacement or some kind of equitable refund.

Best of luck to you. I've come to hate this selling of snakes thing. Too much potential for bad karma.
-----
“Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.” Emmerson

WWW.TDSNAKES.BLOGSPOT.COM

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Zonata Skin Problem - StuTennyson, Mon Feb 6 19:54:22 2012