at Tue Feb 7 06:46:39 2012 [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tony D ]
I completely understand Stu. I too have kept all manner of colubrids but have an inexplicable lack of success with grey bands. Didn't matter if I got neonates, yearlings or thriving adults they all did poorly for me no matter what I did. I never figured out what the problem was but have since moved and have thought of trying again but am still put off on them.
As for these critters you have, I've always seen Zs as a bit of a tricky animal particularly since nobody has a good grasp on what causes the syndrome. I'd be interested in knowing a few things:
Did you get the whole group or does the breeder still have some? If he still has some how are they doing?
Did any from this group go to anyone else? If so how are they doing?
Point being if there are other animals out there that are doing well I'm again led to environmental conditions and this need not have happened in your care. It is possible that something happened enroute that could have shocked them into this funk. On the other hand if others are having problems......
We all (buyer and seller) take risks in these transactions. For my part I would suggest you make some attempt to determine the status of the breedr's stock and the condition of neonates sold to others. If everything is cool there, keep the breeder apprised of what is going on. Get their best advise and see if you can't turn these around. If after giving it your best attempt the animals still fail you, then see if you can work out a replacement or some kind of equitable refund.
Best of luck to you. I've come to hate this selling of snakes thing. Too much potential for bad karma.
“Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.” Emmerson
[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]
- Zonata Skin Problem - StuTennyson, Sun Feb 5 07:43:41 2012
- RE: Zonata Skin Problem - joecop, Sun Feb 5 13:23:24 2012
- RE: Zonata Skin Problem - zonatahunt, Sun Feb 5 14:39:21 2012
- RE: Zonata Skin Problem - Rick Staub, Mon Feb 6 19:10:26 2012
- RE: Zonata Skin Problem - CaseyLazik, Tue Feb 7 08:50:24 2012
- RE: Zonata Skin Problem - markg, Tue Feb 7 13:01:27 2012
- RE: One other thing - Rick Staub, Tue Feb 7 13:40:07 2012
- THANKS EVERYONE!! - StuTennyson, Thu Feb 9 08:43:09 2012
- I'll try to remember..... - StuTennyson, Sat Feb 11 08:00:00 2012
- RE: Zonata Skin Problem - colubridfan75, Mon Feb 13 21:18:38 2012
- a few things - PHFaust, Sat Feb 25 12:25:52 2012